The new Eden Medical Center opened on December 1, 2012. Eden is an award-winning, 130-bed, full-service acute care hospital. Since the original Eden Hospital opened in 1954, we have proudly served the communities of Castro Valley, Hayward, San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, San Ramon and surrounding areas.
Investing in the most advanced technology, and recruiting top-notch physicians, Eden has been named a national “Top Performer” in key quality measures by the Joint Commission. Eden Medical Center offers excellence in inpatient and outpatient care.
- Regional Level II Trauma Center for Southern Alameda County
- 24-Hour Emergency Room
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation by the American College of Radiology
- Cancer Care Program awarded Outstanding Achievement Award by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- Family Birthing Center and Level II Intensive Care Nursery (NICU)
- Advanced Wound Care Clinic and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
- Sutter East Bay Neuroscience Center and Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center
- Outpatient Rehabilitation, offering lymphedema clinic and hand therapy specialists
- Designated Superior Intensive Care Unit by California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Task Force
- Minimally invasive Orthopedic surgical services
Eden Medical Center is part of the Sutter Health network of care, connecting our patients to medical experts across Northern California. In the East Bay, Eden and Sutter Health affiliates Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Sutter Delta Medical Center and Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation provide seamless, comprehensive care throughout our region.